Olive Focaccia

Freshly baked Focaccia with Pumpkin Soup
I was browsing thru one of my favourite blogs - The Pioneer Woman - and happened on her yummy looking Olive Focaccia recipe and decided on the spur of the moment to make it using my KitchenAid Cook Processor (CP) as I had all the ingredients in the house. I also had a butternet pumpkin that I could turn into soup to go with this focaccia.

This is best eaten fresh out of the oven, beautifully crusty on the outside, and warm fluffy and slightly stretchy on the inside. We had one leftover which I froze when it was lukewarm. I thawed and reheated it loosely wrapped in foil in my air fryer two days later and it was nice and crusty but the inside was not as fluffy. I put it down to recipe not using any bread improver and that is not really a bad thing.

I did a little bit of tweaking to adapt recipe to be made in my CP. I did proof the dough outside the CP dough program as I needed CP to make my pumpkin soup. I just put a cup of boiling water into a glass bowl for a few minutes to warm it up, then wipe bowl dry, put a teaspoon of oil in bowl, put the dough in and turn it to coat with oil, cover with clingwrap and a clean dry teatowel on top of clingwrap, and left it in a warm toasty oven (switched off) to proof for about an hour.
Focaccia fresh out of the oven
Crusty, soft and fluffy